Sunday, September 23, 2018

Senior Year Update

It’s been a while

I haven’t been able to post in a while because I’ve been busy, I still am. Last year I took a more challenging course load with AP Calc AB, AP Physics 2, and AP Bio being highlights of it. I continued flying my inductrix and purchased a VelociDrone license to practice flying FPV. I really like VelociDrone, because it has a more realistic feel to it than other simulators. The physics behind it are pretty accurate and I can even use a USB adapter to control the simulator from my usual radio. Which is super cool!



In the spring I applied for an internship at SIMR (Stanford Institute of Medical Research). I was accepted as part of the BioEngineering internship a few weeks later and I was then sent a survey in which I ranked my project interests. Based on my project interest ranking I was placed into a team. My team’s project area was Biomechanics and over the 8 week internship we created our product: ReBoot. ReBoot was designed as an alternative to casts and crutches, helping people with lower leg injuries recover without being intrusive to everyday movements. ReBoot features depressible cushions which relieve pressure while walking. The depressible cushions give users a better feel for the ground and a more natural walking motion during their healing process. As part of the internship, we had great mentors and we had access to many of Stanford’s resources, one of which being their Product Realization Lab or PRL. The PRL was the main place we worked on our prototype. As part of our prototyping we made a foot-pressure mapping demo which I spearheaded. The demo took pressure readouts from 5 pressure sensors placed on various parts of the foot and converted them to a nice visual. I spent a lot of time soldering the pressure sensors and making the code behind the visual. At the end of our internship we had a poster session where we presented our poster. In summary, the internship was awesome! I had a great time, learned a lot, and made a bunch of connections! Below I have included a picture of myself on the day of the poster session and the Team ReBoot poster.


















No comments:

Post a Comment